I would like to offer public gratitude to a few members of staff at work today. Without them I would have come home shaken, traumatised, worried and scared but with whom I came home with a 'new' fleece and a renewed esteem for my fellow human beings!
At work today, I was scammed (as were 2 other members of staff) by men who got money from my till by messing with my head over their change and right now I have no clue how they did it or how much they got away with. This ordeal could have been exceptionally traumatic, and it was for about 20 minutes while I squirmed and fretted inside not knowing how to tell anyone what had happened. However, as soon as the supervisors were informed and knew about the event I was comforted and reassured like I have never known! While I tried unsuccessfully not to show how shaken up I was; I was offered tissues, a cup of sweet tea for my nerves, a warm fleece, and numerous stories of how however many years ago so-and-so was scammed in the same way or how such-and-such got done for £200. I felt very loved and very cared for, even if slightly silly for being so worked up. But believe me, it is not nice to know that you have been harassed and bamboozled into giving away money that is not yours.
I would like to say thankyou to those people, and say that my memory of working for Sainsbury's will never be tarnished because of their care and comfort.
Praise God! x
Looking forward to following your antics Jo...
ReplyDeletex