3 Feb 2011

Busy as a Bee at Harvest Time!

I'm enjoying a welcome hours break to eat some lunch at home during what has been my busiest week since I got here! Practically legged it back from School at 12 and will be back up there for 2ish to start preparing for Mapheo. Began the week still feeling out of sync with the fact that this is my life now... think there is still some of that sentiment lingering. I'm loving living here and everything I just don't really feel like I do live here, I guess it takes time though. I've only be actually working for 3 weeks and am only just getting into a proper routine and our whole team has only just assembled, the final member -Jason- arrived last Saturday.
Yesterday after being in school in the morning the FPs went to finish off painting an old man's house that had been started when the team from Dubai was with us. His bedroom is now a rather sporadic (Tara) shade of blue because it didn't quite mix properly, but I think it looks pretty nice! Then it was home for a quick dinner of fish finger sandwiches (for the second night running) before we were off out for Youth Leaders Meeting. I'm speaking this week with Modiehi on friendships and am trying to pull a little 'No Perfect People Allowed' spin on it. We'll see how it goes, praying that the Holy Spirit will just take over!!
Been doing admin-type stuff at school the last 2 days which, while it does make me feel useful, is ever so slightly boring, I like being with the kids more! Having said that, the stuff needs doing and if I didn't do it someone with much less time available would have to, so there we go!
This Sunday I will be performing a puppet show about Samuel hearing from God for the Under 4s. Praying that both age and language do not stop them understanding that they can hear from God and that he is listening to them, Should be good, looking forward to it!
Well, best be off. We're feeding the Mapheo kids eggs this week so its going to be an afternoon of boiling them (the eggs of course, not the kids!)

Painting the old man's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment