5 Oct 2010

Nine WEEKS! or NINE weeks!

The scariest thing is that, at 24 weeks, I remember thinking: 'When it gets to under 10 weeks, thats when things are going to start going fast.' and then the next 15 weeks just evaporated, so if that was the 'slow' part, according to my theory, what are the next 9 weeks going to do. I feel like just sitting here I'm suddenly going to look at the calendar and it will be November and then a minute later it will be the 5th December and I'll have 1 solitary week left in the country.
Still, with all this time disappearing, I recall that it only feels like its disappeared after its gone. While I'm living it, right this minute 09:01 October 5th 2010, the excited bit of me is going: '9 weeks, what an AGE, all that waiting! Lets go NOW!'
Time is incapable of just happening normally. At work a 4 hour shift can fly by when a week earlier the same shift dragged and dragged and I felt I'd been there forever! So quite frankly, for all my worries/ excitement, I really don't know how the next 9 weeks are going to feel. But considering how the rest of the year has gone and continuing the trajectory of that pattern time is going to screw me over and do something really silly. Like go backwards.
To quote a guy who knows a bit about time:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly,timey-wimey... stuff."
And yes, before you scream, I know he's not real!

See you in nine weeks, or is it one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment